Friday, April 19, 2013

Rick Party:He's more than back on the air!



Congratulations to Rick Party  as he returns to Miami on Hot 105!

A well deserved opportunity has come around for one of our stars of Urban Radio Rick Party to take over Afternoons Hot 105 welcomes Rick Party on legendary Urban AC Hot 105.

It's about time!!!

Real radio people need to be given an opportunity to get back on the air and showcase  how it should be done! After sitting back for years  all of us have been watching the radio business change. Most of us say, when I get back on you watch how I do it this time!

Rick Party is a jocks, jocks! I remember watching video air-checks of this man in amazement! So talented, brash and brilliant! As Rick Party continues to do pursue his voice over career while on the radio,  (VO Demo of Rick) Rick Party will put on a clinic in Radio presentation that we have not heard in a long while.

Rick has personally done some things for me when I asked for his assistance and I have never forgotten his graciousness and kindness towards me. I watched how he was developing his business and staying relevant in the career he chose for himself. Rick is a text book case of how you should use the multitude of talent all of us are endowed with and do for self! (I will write on that topic very soon)

Here are my observations of Rick Party.

1. He is a very hard worker. He never gave up on himself when doors closed.

2. He used his production skills and networking abilities to be the voice of major advertisers and became the signature voice of BET and TV One.

3. I have heard countless stories of how Rick Party has helped other radio dj's develop themselves especially in voice over production.

4. Rick is always willing to give away knowledge talks about his career at no cost.

5. Rick Party is a student of the game of radio and a master of the most minute details and nuances of doing a radio show.

6. Major market high quality persona. He looks like a star in the way he carries himself.

7. Always respectful.

I would admonish to all you up and coming radio talents to study his career and become a student of Rick Party and ask him questions on how this brilliant talent went from Norfolk to Dallas to Chicago to Miami to New York and nationally known voice over artist!

I salute you Rick. I bet you never knew I have been studying you too! (smile)

Please tell our radio media friends to subscribe to my blog. I am ready to share so much of what I think about the current state of radio and the future of black media

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here here! Anytime a local show goes on its a win for all of us. I can't wait to see and here Rick Party 2.0. Welcome back Rick! Well done.

A Radio Host is Like an Artist

When you talk about artistry, your radio show is like a fine painting. It's a piece of art in which the host uses the paintbrush of thei...