Monday, March 25, 2024

As an on air personality, what do you really know about yourself?

As an on-air personality, what do you really, really, really know about yourself? Have you taken the time to sit down in a quiet room and think about all the things that you want to do and say with your radio show? What do you know to be true about yourself? There was a lady named Sarah Kay from the UK in a TED talk who brought up that question about making a list of the top 10 things you know to be true about yourself and how much of that is going on the air. That is a great question. I would like to pose to you today, as a personality, no matter what format you are in, how much of you is really going on the air to connect with your audience? The more personal you are, the more people will connect with you. When I went to Dallas to do mornings at KRNB, I really began to discover who I was. They told me to just go in that studio and be a man and say what you wanna say and say it how you want to say it. I was liberated forever in that moment and I have not looked back. In this blog, if you come back every day, I will give you tips on how to uncuff yourself and free yourself on the air. On this blog, I will teach you to have something to say every day you’re on the air. You will make an impact with your listeners. Everybody needs good coaching. Contact me for more insight.

No comments:

"Copy-Paste is Not Show Prep: Rewrite, Rethink & Make On Air Content Truly Yours"

I am hearing too many radio personalities ripping and reading copy on the air, fumbling and bumbling, trying to read entertainment news wit...