Tuesday, May 7, 2024

"How to Come Up with 20 or More Original Pieces of Content for Your Show Every Day"

A day in the life of a radio host should be spent scouring for content to talk about. Develop a list of go-to websites for content: News aggregation sites are good. Online newspapers and magazines. Local and national sites from all over the country. There are hidden gems in the most unlikely places. Write and rewrite stories to make it fit your personality. Never read what someone else has written if necessary. Write it over in your own voice. Talk about things you are really interested in talking about. Don't be afraid of sharing what you have been carrying around in your head.Don't be generic!Be specific! Life Observation: Did anyone say anything interesting to me in the last 24 hours I can bring on air with my audience? What are your original thoughts? Forming an opinion about your content: I want to know what you think. Be specific and then tell your audience why you feel so strongly about it. Determine what your strongest content to start off the show will be. How you will recycle your content during the show. What questions will you formulate for audience engagement? Tell personal stories that relate to your content. Determine am I really interested in talking about this at this time? Can I develop it more to re-present later? Am I doing it just because everyone else is? If a major event happens in America, you must address it, but give your unique perspective. This requires thought with you and a blank white sheet of paper.Force yourself to rewrite all your content! Is this content I'm prepping for something I would talk about with a friend? What one or two points out of this story do I really want to focus on? How fast can I get to the meat of what I want to say? Trim the fat. Get to the point. No long setups please! As the leader of the show, are my team members also putting a lot of thought into the show? You must dedicate hours out of your day to really do some good preparation for the show. If you are able to come up with 20 or more content pieces, only use the one's that really resonate with you. Don't force what does not really turn you on. Remember, Getting to the station an hour before you go on the air is Not Show Prep! Show prep is a disciple that separates mediocre DJ's from compelling host.

No comments:

"The Key To Connecting With Women On The Radio"

Here are some of my thoughts on the new study that just came out about "What Women Want On Radio and What To Do About It." If you...