Monday, May 13, 2024

Command Your Listeners Attention Over Their Smartphones:

You want to have the type of show that is engaging. Work hard to create the type of content that your listeners will ignore a phone call to hear your complete talk set. Your show is so important to them that if their best friend called and they looked at the phone, they would pause and say, “I'll just call them back.” You've won the battle of split attention. How can you ensure that you are insulating yourself from splitting attention with your listeners' smartphones? Remember that the smartphone is a powerful device that people pick up at least 72 times a day, according to a statistic that I saw. So here are some pointers: - Make sure your content is well-developed before you bring it on the air. Am I speaking in generalities or am I giving them something they have never heard before, to make them engage with me? - The future of your on-air success depends on the differentiation of how you deliver content. Everybody is talking about the same thing today, but it's important that you give more thought to how you are putting together your talk break. Here are some questions you need to ask yourself: - Why is this important enough for me to present to my audience? - What can I add from my own personal experience with this topic? - Do I have very strong opinions about the subject? - Is it something I would talk to a friend about? - Where am I going with this? Can I make it relatable to my audience? - Do I have any impactful points of view regarding this topic? - Is this too difficult for me to translate? Then don't do it! You have to make your listeners feel like they are missing out on being entertained, informed and inspired if they don't keep their attention tuned into your show from moment to moment. Aim to be consequential in the lives of your listeners.

No comments:

Eliminate The Fake

In our everyday interaction with other human beings, we must eliminate the fake persona that most of us are comfortable displaying. Being fa...