Tuesday, June 11, 2024

The Urgency of Living: A Reminder of Our Remaining Decades on Earth

There is a lot that needs to be said before we leave this earth. The sense of urgency is upon us as time seems to be moving faster. The rotation of the earth is accelerating, and so is the pace of our lives. We carry on as if we are going to live forever, but we all share one undeniable truth: we are all going to die. We don't often think about ourselves lying in a casket, but one day, people will walk by and view our bodies just like we have been doing since the pandemic. Our time here is brief, and there are many profound questions to contemplate while we live. Here are a few. 1. What Do I Really Want to Do with My Life? How many more summers do you have on this earth? It's not that many. The realization that our time is limited should inspire us to pursue our true passions. What dreams have you put on hold? What aspirations are you neglecting? Now is the time to seize those opportunities and live a life that fulfills you. 2. What Have I Been Telling Myself Internally? What has the voice inside my head been programming me to do? Often, we are our own harshest critics, repeating negative mantras that hold us back. It's time to challenge these internal narratives. What would happen if you replaced self-doubt with self-belief? 3. Am I Ashamed to Fail in Front of Others? What am I ashamed of if I attempt to do something that would make me happy and it fails? Failure is a part of the journey to success. Would you rather live a life of safe mediocrity or take bold steps toward your happiness, even if it means stumbling along the way? 4. Where Do I Want to Be Right Now? Is there a place, a city, a state, or a town that resonates with my soul? Why am I not living there? The environment we live in has a profound impact on our well-being. If there’s a place that calls to you, what’s stopping you from being there? 5. Why Do I Care So Much About My Family's Judgement? Why do I care so much about the way my family will judge me if I don't think like them? Family expectations can be a significant source of pressure. But your life is yours to live, and finding the courage to follow your path is essential for your happiness. 6. Am I Willing to Pay the Price for Freedom? Am I really willing to pay the price to completely control every aspect of my day, every day? True freedom comes with sacrifices. Are you ready to make those sacrifices to live a life on your own terms? 7. Can I Live Off Less to Have More? Am I willing to do that, and do I care how I am judged for my personal decision? Minimalism can lead to a more fulfilling life. It’s about prioritizing what truly matters and letting go of societal expectations. 8. Am I Willing to Be Alone with Myself? Solitude can be intimidating, but it is also a space for profound personal growth. Are you willing to spend time alone to better understand yourself and your desires? 9. Is What I Am Doing Right Now Beneficial for My Future? Is what I am doing right now going to put me where I want to be 30 days from now or 1 year from now? If it is not, then why am I doing it? Every action you take should align with your long-term goals. Evaluate your current activities and see if they match up with your ambition. Our time here is limited. Today give yourself permission to share what you know with others. Don't bury the knowledge.

No comments:

Eliminate The Fake

In our everyday interaction with other human beings, we must eliminate the fake persona that most of us are comfortable displaying. Being fa...