Monday, October 28, 2013

Back at WQMG again? What does this mean?


I am back at a familiar place in my career at WQMG 97.1FM in Greensboro NC.

I left here in August of 1992 to go to V-103 in Baltimore. I did mornings here at QMG from Feb 1990 to Aug 1992 with Jasmine James under the direction of my coach and mentor in the business Sam Weaver. .

Sam Weaver




Tony Gray
 Skip Dillard who is now the PD at WBLS in NY was a weekend talent. Consultant Tony Gray was our consultant too.  I first came to WQMG in October 1989 doing afternoons, then transitioning to mornings







 
Jasmine James

Skip Dillard
 Is this a scene from Ground Hog day?? LOL


I am so thankful to my program director Shillyne Cole for giving me this opportunity to continue my quest to become a World Class radio performer. You can hear me weekdays on www.WQMG.COM or on the Tune in app under 971QMG from 2pm-7pm eastern.



WQMG PD Shillyne Cole




Knowing now what I did not know at 24 years old and now that I am 48 with years of experience under my belt what would you do differently?

At 24 I had the fire in my belly to succeed in radio, and now at 48 I have gotten the fire back to be the best! I love this business! This is what I was born to do. Now it is easy for me to express myself better and more meaningful every moment I open the mic because of my experiences. Thank you God for bringing me back full circle!




BJ Murphy




I will tell you more about my journey and my desire to help train and cultivate the next generation of of broadcasters and take it to the next level!




No comments:

Produce a News and Opinion Podcast for Your City

Here's a business idea that you can take and run with especially it if nobody is doing this in your city or town. Produce a news and op...