Monday, September 22, 2014

Making people talk with our own Digital Media

I wanted you to know that I don't just talk the talk, I walk the walk. The past few weeks by using 3 microphones a Yamaha mixer and an Iphone 4s to record, and doing it all in a conference room in downtown Charlotte, we have managed to shake up Charlotte and be on 3 major media outlets who covered our opinions about a podcast show we published.

You don't need a tower to be relevant by using the new digital technology.





We have been featured on www.QCitymetro.com, www.Charlotteboserver.com and the news talk outlet www.WBT.com in Charlotte WBT 1110am on the Keith Larson Show. Even one of my enemies in Charlotte came after me with his news blog called Qnotes.

We recorded a show on our former black Mayor Patrick Cannon who was caught in a bribery scheme earlier this year and will be sentenced next month. I said that I thought the black community had abandoned him and we recieved alot of community backlash for our opinion.

 Key words are..... our opinion. 

We have known Patrick since 1995, and how could we knowing all the good he has done, turn our back on him because of this mis-step in his judgement to take money. He said he was sorry and has repented. There has been utter silence from the black community and no one has to my knowledge publicly said Patrick we are with you brother. So we decided to say it.

 We were accused of trying to use this to boost our media, and I told them this is what I would be saying if I were on the radio any way.

Take a listen to the show where I used the word coward to describe the silence from black leadership and the community. Defense of former Mayor of Charlotte Patrick Cannon


What followed next are a series of articles and some attacks on Digital media.

http://www.qcitymetro.com/news/articles/charlotte_blacks_called_cowards_for_not_defending_patrick_cannon081854427.cfm

DJs accuse Charlotte black community of abandoning ...

Murphy and Richards Start Internet Show - Radio Ink ...

This guy has it in for me and came up with this crazy headline:
Charlotte DJ: NAACP funded by Jews, gay children result of ...

Charlotte radio duo B.J. Murphy and Keith Richards make a ...

Veteran Charlotte radio duo makes a comeback online

This all proves what I wrote about two articles ago...(We don't need a Tower anymore to broadcast)

Please share your thoughts and you get busy creating your own media too.

See this is not about me, this is about us!

GO CREATE AND SHAKE UP YOUR CITY AND THE WORLD!!

In a forthcoming article I will share what I am thinking about in changing my whole approach to streaming www.QC102.com and the Keith and BJ brand.

Also we put up www.KeithandBJ.com



No comments:

Produce a News and Opinion Podcast for Your City

Here's a business idea that you can take and run with especially it if nobody is doing this in your city or town. Produce a news and op...