Monday, April 15, 2024

Audacy’s AI Voice Library is a Wake Up Call for Radio Personalities Everywhere

Today, I came across news that Audacy is assembling a library of AI voices to assist its 700+ stations. It's a strategic move, and honestly, it makes sense. Embracing AI can significantly slash costs, potentially saving millions of dollars, crucial for their survival. We've often criticized radio operators for prioritizing cost-cutting, sometimes labeling it as greed. But now, survival is the name of the game.

Here's my proposition: Grab your phone and explore every communication platform available to you. It's time to craft your own media empire. Over the next 2 to 3 years, commit to building your own audience. Every day, individuals are doing this. If you wish to continue your artistry as a radio personality, you must embrace this change and create your own digital planet and invite listeners to come and visit your world of audio video and the written word that you are creating. And mark my words, the longer you delay in cultivating your online audience, the tougher it'll get. The world is at your fingertips. Don’t wait for anybody to put you on. Put yourself on!

What I advocate is a continual journey of mastering the art of reaching in to the hearts of listeners and making real connections. We must continuously refine our ability to engage, and the only path I know is simply being the best version of oneself. It's taken me years to truly understand and embody this, and as I step into my 59th year of life, I'm excited for the possibilities ahead.

 I'll be sharing my journey with you  of  how I have silently been amassing a listenership of 1.1 million individuals over the past two years. Through my own streaming syndication network, I reach listeners nationwide and receive calls from every corner of the country. The next phase entails growing my monetization and reach. I had to believe in myself and build an audience first though. Forge your  own path and continue doing what you love. Reach out to me for more insight. I am an advocate for radio personalities, podcasters and communicators.

No comments:

News and Opinion Podcast on 8 Police officers shot in Charlotte

Here is an example of creating your own media for a news and opinion podcast. yesterday 8 law enforcement officers were shot in Charlotte NC...