Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Speak from Your Heart to Reach Your Listeners

Your unique point of view is different from anybody else on the planet. It makes you interesting to listen to. I talked to a young man the other day who is a Minister, and I told him that when I watched his video, it gave off a vibrant energy and spirit. The way he expressed himself, taking information that has been revealed, but putting his unique understanding and spin on it, gave the subject more depth. It was like he owned it. He even gave more avenues to explore from the subject that were mind-blowing. I said, "Wow, you have a unique way of expressing yourself that you own."


When he speaks, he is sure of the next word he’s going to say, and because he gets so much joy out of it, you enjoy it as well. It’s coming from the root of his belief of what he's sure about that lies in his heart. And that’s how we as radio personalities connect with people because when they hear us, it should be a meaningful experience between two people. A brother told me, "If you speak from your heart to my heart, you will connect with me every time."


I want you to begin to deep dive into what you’re about to say to others. Could it have more depth? Could I give more meaning to this subject than just reading something because everybody else is talking about the same thing that day? Most people are surface dwellers; they never go beyond the surface to find their unique perspective on subjects that the world is discussing. Just take your time with a blank piece of paper in front of you and write. Gather your facts and then be honest. Don't take into consideration of what you think some imaginary person out there wants to hear. Tell them what you want them to know. You may say something in a unique way that no one has thought about.


You turn on the TV, and it’s like everybody has the same script, the same talking points. Over the weekend, I  kept hearing the phrase "Iran is not using proxies this time", so every television station was using the same verbiage. Regurgitating the same information like everybody else makes you the same. Let's get away from that.


The people that stand out in the media are the ones who are not afraid to share their unique perspective. Why don’t you be one of those people? You will find your listeners calling you saying, "You know what? I always love your unique perspective, and that’s why I listen to you and not the other show."

Everybody Needs a coach contact me and let's get you to the next level.

No comments:

Radio Pros Must Thrive in The Podcasting Industry

Last week I did an article on whether your podcast could become the news and opinion leader in your city. On Part 2,  let's understand t...